Presented by: Jamar Taylor's First Chance U Foundation
The First Chance U Foundation is excited to announce that they will be offering a $1000 scholarship opportunity to high school students in San Diego and The Bay Area in the near future. This scholarship is open to high school students who are graduating in 2023.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be residents of the designated locations where the scholarship is being offered and complete the listed requirements.
The deadline for the scholarship application is April 15th 2023!
Clear Definition of
a) generational wealth or
b) good teammate
Clear action plan of "how"…
Organization/Flow – how focused/structured is the response?
1. Where should applicants submit their documents?
All documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. When and how will scholarship winners be notified?
The scholarship committee will review all applications within a 4-6 week window and announce the winners by email in the summer of 2023.
3. Who is eligible for these scholarships?
Reside in San Diego County
Reside in Alameda, San Mateo, or Santa Clara County (Bay Area)
How to Apply
Essay or Video
Amount of Scholarship
1. What does generational wealth mean to you? And how do you plan on educating yourself and others to become financially literate?
2. What does it mean to be a good student/teammate on the field, in the classroom, and in the community? And how do you plan to give back to your community?
1. Essay (1000 word max)
2. Video Response (3-5 min)
$1,000 per scholarship winner
Alameda, San Mateo, or Santa Clara County (Bay Area) or San Diego County
April 15th, 2023 11:59pm (Pacific Standard Time)